13 February 2008

Putting it all on Red

I know I've let you down so many times
And you're sick and tired of dealing out second chances
Like cards at a Vegas table.
But baby I'm asking just one more time...
One more time.
All I need is for you to show me that it matters
Because sometimes I'm not so sure
You're there.
I'm not so sure you remember me.
{Hello... it's me. You're my everything.}
So I keep hanging on just to hold on,
and you keep walking right back out that door.
I'm afraid one of these days it's going to lock behind you
So you'll never find your way back in again.
This isn't some crowded city cafe;
This is my heart, and the occupancy allowance is low.
So come on in. Settle down.
But only if you intend on sticking around.
I'm not just a good time friend anymore.
Those are a dime a dozen, and I'm hoping to be worth more.
I wasn't made for this, but baby you were made for me.
So come back around my way.
{Been waiting for you. Got something to give you.
Just don't wreck it.}
With too many words, and not enough hope,
This is my call for you. This is my pleading.
This is me baring it all for another.
{Nothing more, nothing less, but won't you please just take it?}
Because I don't know what I'd do without you.

No comments: