12 February 2008

The Beginning.

So here we are.
I've given you everything I have to give,
Both by choice and what you took.
I'm left with nothing to show,
And nothing left to offer anyone else.
You got it all, and now you're gone.
Me, I'm just a hollow shell left to go on
Waiting for someone to stumble upon me
One day and decide it might be worth the effort
To give me a little something to fill the emptiness.
I wish so badly to hate you for it all
But I still love you.
Yet this time I've decided to pick myself up,
And dust you off of me.
I'm not taking the blame for everything this time,
I refuse to feel guilty for making you unhappy
When it's you that won't let yourself be happy.
I won't be around next time you get bored
With everyone else.
I'm working on finding my own place in life
And I have finally come to realize
My place is not beside you. Or really behind you.
It's nowhere near you.

No comments: