13 February 2008

For Brandon. With Love.

You can see for miles here on a clear night
And I come with hopes of seeing you.
I'm beginning to realize it has been so much more
Than miles between us; a gulf of universes
Keeps me from reaching out to you.
There was a time when we were closer than I imagined
Any two people could be.
You were my heart and I held yours like
A precious jewel that I feared I was unworthy to possess.
You were the words of comfort and wisdom,
The laughter, the peace, and the love of my life.
Every day I worried I was geting more than
This girl could ever deserve and then...
It was gone.
No more seven a.m. wake up calls,
Weekends sleeping in, time with my second family,
No more washing your dishes.
I wasn't meant to be your dishwasher.
I wasn't meant to be anyone's.
My star has fallen, but it lit my night sky
So perfectly for awhile.
Now it is just the moon and me
And the clouds that pass through.
The cold beauty is harder to appreciate
When my heart has your memories to dwell on.

No comments: