13 February 2008

Overlydramatic. The poem, not the title.

I'm missing your hand around my heart
But you've got someone else's blood on your hands now.
Tried to give you the space you needed.
Guess my hands were still around your throat
Because it seems you couldn't breathe when I was around.
I just hope she'll be there for you when
You think the world's forgotten about you.
You always wanted me to not be there though,
and my heart couldn't handle that.
Now I've dropped away from everything.
Just hoping that you at least can be happy
Because I lost hope for myself long ago.
You were the last chance for sanity in my life
And I've lost it all and you'll never know.
You'll never know my thoughts while I watched you fall asleep.
You'll never know this pain inside or the way
You made my day. I'll never know just what it is
That makes you happy, but whatever it is it I don't have.
If I did, you'd be happy until the day you died
Because I would have given it all to you
Even if you did have that stupid, stupid smile.
I'd take back all the time we spent together if I could;
It made you so unbelievably miserable after all
How could you waste so much time on me when you
Could have wasted it with anyone?

No comments: