13 February 2008

I think this is really old

I'll fall in love with you

As soon as you find where my comfort lies;

You figure out what side of the bed

I sleep best on; You can sing my favorite

Song, knowing all the words; You learn that I absolutely hate calling people;

You can push back my insanity and let me go for it.



I know your taste already

Can remember how you smell after a week

Without you. I can imagine just how you

Would look at me if I finally told you

The midnight secrets I hide from your burning light

You might turn me to ashes if you get too close

But I'm already burning from a fever I can't break



It isn't what you say or do,

But the person that you are

That has me writing your name in the margin of this paper.

It's the way you compliment that need

That makes me what you want.

You're getting close, don't freeze inside the

Painful cold that will inclose you here inside of me.

Don't dare burn out inside my needs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ohmaigosh. have i read this before? if so, this feels like the first time all over again, because i don't remember liking it this much before.

I really like this one. Like, in a big way. I'm so happy that you're posting your stuff up here, so I have some stuff to read. Please, keep doing it.

And by "it", I mean "posting".

I.Am.Spoken.Word. said...

whew.

this is by far my favorite.