01 May 2008

Roland (David)

I know it is just a waste of time
To wonder what could have been if our
Paths had crossed some other way.
In a way where you weren't the best friend
And I wasn't the unofficially claimed girl.
Doesn't stop the thought from crossing my mind though.
Would the never ending drama be lessened?
Could I still turn to you during late night
Doubts about the state of life?
How different would things be if we
Didn't have to see each other as off limits?
I'd love the chance to get to know you better,
To get past that hard ass sarcastic exterior
And see what it is that sets you off.
You're a fascinating subject to me
And I long for the chance to learn anything
You'd be willing to give up to me.
You are the tall dark figure walking with
A slight swagger through the landscape of my life,
Romantacized, but lacking full dimension.

No comments: