01 May 2008

And Now You Know

You should know that somewhere between
Then and now, here and there,
You lost my heart.
You lost me waiting, you lost me wondering
What was going on in that head of yours.
Somewhere between the first time and the last time
You shut me out without giving me a reason
I threw up my hands and walked away
While you had your back turned.
All those little things that worked in the past
To bring me crawling back aren't going to work.
It's over and I'm done, though I doubt you
Will even care, because you'll have someone else.
I'll still feel better for it.
It's about time I got on with my life,
Whether it really crumbles around me like I have
Imagined it would without you or not.
At least this way I can say it fell apart with me
In control instead of struggling along holding on
To you.
I'm cutting off those anchor lines, even if it means
I'md destined to fail.

1 comment:

I.Am.Spoken.Word. said...

no matter how much a person takes from you
you can still start over.

...okay, so i stole that from Dreamgirls...but this is still amazing.

:0)